Skip to main content
Sunset Sailing

Legal issues that arise after divorce

Complaint for Modification

When a material change in circumstances occurs, a party may be able to modify the terms of the divorce decree.

The only constant in life is change, because circumstances change over time, there may be a need to go back to court to modify the terms of the divorce. Issues relating to children can always be reviewed upon showing a material change in circumstances, whereas issues relating to property and debt division generally are not.